Monday, October 13, 2008

Introduction

A man walks down a pristine hallway of a museum in quiet contemplation. An ornately framed painting is hung at eye-level. The man then proceeds to step directly across the artwork, viewing the work at a distance and with such scrutiny.

This description is a rather popular conception of art. One typically imagines art to consist of:

(1). artist
(2.) artwork
(3.) viewer

I thought that way until I went to UC Irvine. I was surprised to learn during my lectures that art is not just limited to an aesthetically pleasing image. Rather, it consists of communicative experiences that initiates a process of dialogue between people.

As a student of the arts, I feel that I should share what I have learned and experienced about the other aspects of art and its forms - especially when it involves more than one person at a time. Collaborative arts stresses the importance of communication.

..In fact, blogging on the internet could be seen as an art piece as it involves many people communicating over cyberspace.

(o O:)3

No comments: